Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
8 used from $ 63.07
- Portable and ultra-lightweight. Less than 4 pounds in total.
- TruePet Motorized Brush for handheld deep cleaning.
- Easy-to-empty dust cup. No bag needed and empties with the touch of a button.
- 15-foot-long power cord. You never have to recharge, while giving you freedom to clean the whole room.
- Never Loses Suction. Powerful cleaning from start to finish.
The best Shark rocket corded hand Vacuum for stair.
Do you search many websites on Internet for real and well researched recommendations & reviews for the best vacuum for stairs? After hours of continues research on web and Amazon, I have found a way to keep your stairs neat, tidy and clean. Cut to the chase, you cannot do it manually if you love your back; so you can make use of a vacuum cleaner and in this case I have found the top rated stair vacuum for you. I have created this long article to help you overcome this problem and I would appreciate it if you read till the end to collect more information about vacuums for stairs. For your help I also written comprehensive a short buyer’s guide for choosing the right vacuum for stairs.
Best Vacuum For Stairs 2018
I have composed a list of the top 7 vacs for stairs for you to take a lead. Click the desired the vacuum name to read detailed review of the same.
1. Hoover FH50150 Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner – (Editor’s Choice)
If people ask you not to judge a book by its cover, then this should be a good example. Now say, goodbye to messy spills as this is really one of the best vacuum for carpeted stairs. There may be many vacuum cleaners available in the market, but a Hoover always standout and this one is no exception to that rule. There is more to this Hoover and I have discussed all that in details in here:
- Design – Hoover is known for its good looking vacuum cleaners and this is no different. It is a sturdy vac that helps for optimal cleaning owing to its Automatic Detergent Mixing System. This helps you rinse your carpet with soap and water an attribute that you get only with this machine.
- Lightweight – This is alight in weight vacuum, but is a beast of a machine when it comes to cleaning stairs, carpets, upholstery and other hard to reach to places.
- Easy to use – It has a good reach owing to ease of maneuvering. This makes your life easy as you can use it for stairs, upholstery or any other difficult to reach place in a convenient way.
- It weighs 19 pounds
- The SpinScrub Technology lends this vac the power of 360 degrees cleaning. It can tackle a lot of dirt and grime on its own
- Its Dual Nozzle literally aids in cleaning and drying faster
- Easy to access handles in 4 different places makes it effortless task to lug it along while cleaning
- Requires simple storage because of its compact size
- Powerful brushes at the bottom enable efficient cleaning by spinning constantly during operation
- You get 2 years limited warranty on this machine and this is a mark of authenticity for sure
- You get associated with a name brand
- Dual tank, one helps to hold clean water and the other collects dirty water
- Tanks are of 1 gallon each that allows to clean larger areas
- Can directly heat clean and remove stains from the carpet at the same time
- It can speed up the drying process
- Easy to fill and empty
- Low on maintenance
- It comes with a stair tool, crevice tool, upholstery tool and a sample solution the best carpeted stair vacuum
- A pricey little piece of equipment
- Carpets need still need drying after cleaning
2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
A Shark that comes with HEPA filters, what more can you ask! Truly, this is one of those vacuums that make you yearn for one. This can keep allergens, dirt, grime and dust out of your house. Moreover, this vac is lightweight and portable that adds couple of more points in its favor. If you are still not convinced, then read this review thoroughly and see if that changes your mind by any means.
- Weight – As already mentioned, it is a lightweight machine that has a lot on offer. Like you can tow it along very easily that helps you with cleaning. It has to be mentioned that the 30 feet long cord does not add to this weight at all.
- Technology – Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology works on this principle that means a safer environment for your family. This means your family remains protected and you can live in the peace of your mind.
- It weighs 13.7 pounds
- Comes with foam filters that are certified by HEPA
- These HEPA filters make sure that your house is kept allergens and dust free by 99.9%
- The cleaning path width is 9.5 inches
- Another good looking Shark vacuum
- Simple to use with a press button
- It is a two in one vacuum as it can be used as an upright vac and a lift away vacuum cleaner if need be
- Light in weight means you can pull it along and cover major areas of concern
- Speaking of coverage, the cleaning width ensures that you wipe out a wider zone
- On the other hand, the long cord allows you to cover sizeable portions of your house
- No doubt, this bagless vacuum helps you save money
- It includes dusting brush, hard floor dusting attachment, crevice tool and 2 microfiber pads
- Easy to use
- Very simple to assemble
- The noise is tolerable
- The suction is adjustable
- Swivel head makes maneuvering easy
- Can clean hardwood floors, stairs and carpets like a pro like best vacuum for carpeted stairs
- Large dust cups help you clean at one go over emptying out them every now and then
- You cannot help but agree that it is pricey
- Owing to its light, the vacuum tends to tip over if you do not pay attention it
- You may need to get in additional warranty for this vac at least
3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Corded
The name Bissell has become almost synonymous with quality and innovative products. They have it all, vacuums for pets, linoleum floors, carpets, hardwood floors and what not! So, they would surely not lag behind when it comes to vacuums for stairs. This Bissell is a spot cleaning champion and there are no doubts about it. Here is a detailed analysis of this vac that will fill your heart with contention, if you are already the owner, if not then you will be thinking, what are thinking about.
- Design – This Bissell has quite a unique look and this is one of the reasons that people fall for it quickly. With such a look it can still clean stairs, upholstery, carpets, vehicles, rugs and many more.
- Weight – This is a light in weight vacuum cleaner but its tank has a capacity ¾ of a gallon, yet it is easy to maneuver this machine. You can easily clean stairs, under the furniture and much more with this device.
- Technology – It has superior suction power and you get a 6 inch stair tool that attaches to the cord very easy cleaning as part of its SpotClean technology. It can take on the sturdiest of the stains and can fight grime any day for you.
- It weighs 11.6 pounds only
- The two tank facility helps you clean and empty out in an efficient way
- The two spray brush assists it to remove stains in a convenient way
- The cord is 22 feet in length
- This is vacuum is really easy to store
- The long cord helps you to reach places that go unnoticed in general
- This implies that under chair, stairs, corners and large furniture can be cleaned effortlessly with this stair tool in addition
- Expect professional cleaning with this vac because of its varied features
- The larger tank allows you to clean extensive areas without having to empty out too soon
- You also get Bissell 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula along with this vac that helps you clean professionally for free
- The hose is flexible and can bend 5 degrees in reality
- This is a professional cleaner that knows no boundaries when it comes to cleaning
- Can be operated easily
- Super easy to maneuver
- It comes with 2 years warranty and that nails it
- It lacks automated cleaning, the one you switch on and forget kind
- It has no wheels which makes moving around a tad too difficult
You can also checkout best stick vacuum here for your needs.
4. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV302)
Really the shark of all vacuums, any Shark product is considered a boon for any household. It is loved by professional cleaners across the world and now that you get them for home use also, everyone wants to get a piece of it. Primarily, what I would like to disclose here is that I have invested in this and found it to be good. Our house is clean and I would want your house to be clean too, which is why I am recommending this product. Rest is your choice as you know what is best for you.
- Design – The first thing that I would like to elucidate here is the ergonomic build of this vacuum.
- Weight – Its light weight characteristic makes cleaning stairs and under the chairs super easy. This is ultra light in weight, but it can do quite a lot to drive away dirt, grime and allergens from your house.
- Ease of use – Swivel wheels make it easy to maneuver. Moreover, you can do so without creating blind spots while cleaning. This certainly adds to it one of its features.
- It weighs only 8 pounds
- Effortless one button mechanism makes it a cool gadget
- It works with 500 W of power and that makes it a beast of a vacuum cleaner for sure
- Its slim design aids you tugging it along anywhere you like
- You can clean areas that you would left otherwise with this vac
- It has diverse features that you can put to use for cleaning your house in the best possible ways
- It is a versatile tool that can handle pressure and conduct heavy duty cleaning
- Has a strong suction power
- It is very user friendly as the instructions on the machine are simple to follow
- It comes with an assortment of different types of accessories that make your life easy
- Has a 30 feet cord that helps you to cover huge areas, so the best vacuum cleaner for stairs
- Needs no extra space for storage
- Collects dust efficiently leaving the surface clean and healthy
- Can clean walls and floors pretty fast
- Durable and has washable components
- Not good for spot cleaning as it is not that convenient to use
- The price is little on higher side
- Extremely suction power can make you tip over if you are not careful enough
5. BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL – Cordless Vacuum
If you are thinking of investing in a cordless vacuum, then there is no need to look any further, as this BLACK+DECKER vacuum makes a great choice. This indeed is one of the best cordless vacuum for stairs and there no doubts about it. In fact, have you ever thought of a bagless and cordless vacuum that can work effectively? To be more precise, if you do not want to spend a fortune on a cleaner for now, then this is one option you can opt for.
- Weight – This is super light in weight, but it requires special mention that this vac under discussion offers you professional cleaning. Again, if you want to clean stairs without problems, then this is a highly recommended one.
- Technology – Makes use of cyclonic action to clean and its filters are washable that makes it easy to maintain as well. The battery is a major feature that saves you a lot of hassle.
- Pet friendly – Can remove pet hair, clean carpets and can spot clean floors without any difficulty. For this, it comes with pet hair brush, crevice tool, a two in one nozzle and stick vacuum for floor heads.
- It weighs only 3.2 pounds
- This is a unique vacuum that comes with 3 stages of filtration that trap in debris and dust of all kinds
- Has a decent suction with 25 Watts
- It must be added that it works with 20 Volts lithium ion battery
- No doubts, the stick extension helps you clean smoothly without hurting your back
- The lithium ion battery does not take long to charge, a maximum of 4 to 6 hours
- This battery helps in better suctioning
- The floor head is stick shaped that makes cleaning easier
- The pet brush is really effective in taking out stubborn pet hair
- The bowl can be emptied out effortlessly and is washable
- Beast of a vac that can remove pet hair in the best possible manner
- Simply good for stairs
- Quick charge time makes it meaningful
- Comes with a lot of accessories that add to its goodness
- Reasonably priced and this is one the USP of this vac
- Additionally, you get a name brand by investing in this product
- Not that good with floors with this suction power
- Is noisy and is distracting
- The charge lasts for only 15 minutes
- Filter needs repeated washes
Yes, you call for the doctor and he is here, but this time only in the form or a dust buster! The Rug Doctor is quite a resourceful tool to keep at hand of you hate dust, dirt and grime to the core. You can use this to clean automobile, carpets, rugs (of course), chairs and stairs to be specific. If you are looking for a reasonable fix to your home, then this should be it.
- Design – It is a gorgeous vacuum cleaner and people get attracted to it by the sight of it. Of course, it is a durable vacuum that does not much of your attention.
- Ease of use – Highly portable and that means you can take it anywhere you wish to clean and has wheels that are absolutely friendly with carpets. One of the main reasons, why people put their trust into the Rug Doctor is because of its suctioning capacity. Another, would be sheer the look of it, as it is really attractive and it is hard to resist its aura.
- Maintenance – The dirty water tank has a different side opening. This suggests that it is a low maintenance product. Now, who would not like a product that is less demanding?
- The best part about this vacuum cleaner is that it has double (2X) suctioning power as compared to the others found in this category
- Has a powerful suction and it works with 10 Amps of power
- The oscillating motion of this vac can wreck havoc while scrubbing your carpet, vehicle or floor
- It is very easy to maneuver because of its portability
- Makes a good spot cleaner
- 2X Suction power makes it a cleaning wizard
- Filling and emptying the tanks is rather an uncomplicated job and this best vacuum for stairs
- The turbo brush has been appreciated by many across the world because of its ability to pick up even the tiniest dirt particle
- Light in weight
- Easy to move around because of the wheels
- It helps you with fast and efficient cleaning all time
- Can clean hard to reach place in a jiffy
- For best results you can use Rug Doctor detergent for cleaning and that means you are saved from trial and error method
- The handle of this Doctor is a bit of a problem and that seems to be little disturbing during suctioning
- It is loud and if noise is a problem, then this could be a big turn off for you
7. BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass – Corded
This black beauty is a gift from the house of Bissell and they really know how to manufacture ground breaking vacuum cleaners. This is a solution for those that are looking for really low priced cleaners but from a reputed brand. This time Bissell gives you both and it only does not look like a cheap vac. In case, you need a reliable vacuum cleaner for your house, then this should be it. There is no point denying that you get a brand name at this price. Not only this, all these make this machine worth every penny you spend.
- Weight – It is a lightweight vac that can be maneuvered very easily. To be honest, this is a pragmatic choice of many and you don’t have to shy away from this fact.
- Cost – Money matters to all of us and there is no need to be embarrassed because of this. Everyone wants to save a little, yet live in comfort, there is no harm in it and when you get a good bargain like this, there is no room for confusion. Just go for it if you are on a stringent budget!
- Technology – The brush has an innovative design that picks up dirt in the simplest way. The Turbo Brush tool is considered an ideal for stairs, upholstery, furniture and much more owing to this technology as it helps in faster cleaning.
- Weighs 15 pounds only
- More or less, its cyclonic system ensures that suctioning remains power pact
- Has multi level filtration system
- This is a beautiful vac at a throw way price
- You can empty tank very fast
- The filter is easy to wash
- Very user friendly
- Has a great suction power
- Is priced really low
- Available at most online retailers
- Comes with a lot of accessories like the crevice tool, dusting brush and extension wand even at this price
- It is bagless which means you do not worry about buying bags, saves you a lot
- A good upright vac that could be used for fast cleaning
- Easy to move around
- Simple to use as it does not have too much on it
- Price certainly plays an important role in deciding in its favor
- Has a good pick up
- The cord is long enough to help you work at extended areas
- Good for furniture and stairs primarily
- Is a practical solution for many
- It cannot reach more than under a coffee table
- Emptying the canister could be challenging as it is bagless
How to choose the best vacuum for stairs?
Did you know that vacuums for stairs are optimized for serving this purpose only? Most vacuum cleaners don’t come with an attachment, so in this case you need to find out which one does. Again, I have got you covered in this post and you are free to choose from the 7 of the best vacuum for stairs that I have reviewed here. Find out more about these vacuum cleaners in a comprehensive way.
If truth be told, then you must know that portability is the first and foremost thing that you would need in your vacuum for cleaning stairs. Although, you need some more features that may sweeten the deal for you, but mobility should be the first thing on your mind. There is no need to fall for the advertising gimmicks as I have sorted that part out for you. Just focus on this and a few more things while choosing stair vacuum and they are as follows:
- Size – You may come across small sized vacuum that seem to be fancy, but they actually work Ill for cleaning stairs. The small cordless ones can do a better job, provided they have a brand name associated with them. Don’t forget that and always try to go for a branded product.
- Handheld or upright – Yes, the handheld will give you some advantage owing to its size and weight. However, contemporary uprights come with special crevice tools and stair cleaning brushes that make you life easy.
- Benefit of using vacuum for stairs – Using a vacuum cleaner for cleaning stairs is simply a good idea because you can reach tight corners while cleaning. More or less, vacs exert power and they lend you an additional hand while doing so.
- Weight of the machine – Make sure that the model you invest in, is light in weight as this will help you drag it along while cleaning. This means it must have a stair friendly body that will make it easy for you to haul it.
- Accessories – It must have specific accessories to clean stairs. For example, you can also opt for pet friendly vacuum cleaners, in case you have pets at home. A tip, choose the one that has long corded extension as this will be the best aid you need while cleaning. Alternatively, you can also opt for the best cordless vacuum for stairs, if you are uncomfortable with a corded one.
- Battery life – Another thing that you must take into heed is the battery life of a vacuum and this comes handy especially for the handheld ones. You must take this into consideration.
- Bagless – If possible look for a bagless one, which is needless to say saves you money over spending on bags. This is a boon for many vacuum users for sure.
- Brand – The most important thing that I would like to remind you of; is to put your trust into a name brand over the come and go companies. This will help you in the long run and with little maintenance your vac will serve you for long.
Not so long ago, you may have found the traditional vacs not being efficient in cleaning stairs, but not anymore. These days you get a variety to choose from and there is no reason why you not consider the modern vacuum cleaner for this job.
Hope you have liked our endeavor and I must disclose that each of these vacuums offer something different.There is no need to go looking anywhere else as this list will help you for real. These are really the best vacuum for stairs that make a lot of sense. Once you invest in them, you will know the true value of these cleaners.